Holistic Health with the Kahunas: It’s a Lifestyle”
We honor those who think different…
We are fully understanding of those of you who have specific dietary needs. The goal for Kahunas Catering is to provide options for our clients to have healthy, clean, whole foods.
We have to be willing to reflect on our past to be clear forward thinkers. There is a direct link between health and humanity, we should all be proactive in staying close to Mother Earth; she communicates to us by way of information through food. The Mother provides us everything we need to thrive healthfully, from necessary bacteria, to the rays of the sun. Food that is processed IS NOT FOOD it is an edible product.
Change The World – Change Your Diet.
- The best support for “Brain-Power” is to ensure lots of heart healthy, brain healthy fats. The addition of uncured non nitrate added bacon, sausages and high fat grass fed beef and other animal protein is a great way to get in those extra fats. Adhering to a high fat, animal based protein diet including specific carbohydrates is actually an alternative treatment for epilepsy.
Life Changing Choices
- It is said that tics are common among young children, when you look at the average American child’s diet we believe there is a direct link. It is common to see many of the youth today consuming regularly a fast-food and high processed food diet. What a great opportunity for all of us to see the trend and be able to make life changing choices to support our families food choices for a better tomorrow…
- It is encouraged to practice cooking methods that use Whole Foods. Following a whole foods diet involves eat food that is in there natural state avoiding nutrient-poor processed foods. When consuming whole food you are maximizing your nutrient intake from natural sources. Whole Foods that are plant-based are vegetables, fruits and nuts, animal foods such as eggs, meat, fish and poultry in their natural state .
No Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives
- Most foods contain at a minimum at least one of these items. It is now apparent that many people are sensitive to chemicals… It is very important to look at the ingredients on the back of food packages. A basic guideline that helps is that if it is in a box or bag, it is not whole, real food. However there are a lot of great snack options that can be found at all health food stores. Raw organic nuts, seeds and dried fruits are easy to grab, and they sell raw food cookies, and goodies. All the chemicals that are used in food over time can create disruptions in the electrical system of the body and cause misfires which manifest as tics and other disorders.
- Adopting and adhering to a gluten free lifestyle may seem daunting at first, but thankfully there are a lot of grocery options to help with this. Eating gluten free is a great way to naturally and easily increase the amount of fruits, vegetables and protein that are taken in on a daily basis. Because the wheat that we consume is so genetically modified, our systems are reacting to the grain by gut inflammation, and a myriad of other ways. Gluten has been connected to ADHD, Autism, Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- This is probably a pain for many of us dairy lovers, but there are ways to supplement calcium through rice milk, green vegetables and fruit. As with gluten, because of increased recognition of the side effects of milk, there are alternatives that are very tasty and healthy.
Limited Time with all Electronics!!!!
- When adults and children alike are actively involved playing, reading, or writing, stress is reduced, or at least very minimal. However, when individuals sit to watch television or play some type of electronic we become over stimulated by flashes of light and rapid screen changes. Our body does not get the opportunity to de-escalate any increased levels of stress, and the mind and body are forced to stay in a fight-or-flight mode. Staying in this mode over long periods of time can increase cortosol levels, and tax the adrenal system, causing irritability and lack of energy.
- Eight hours of sleep a night is crucial and a huge benefit to our overall health.
Let’s be crazy enough to believe that we can change the world…
because we can!
Best Catering Service for; Boston, Northern Massachusetts, Southern Maine and New Hampshire
Kahunas Catering are the best caterers for:
Best Wedding Caterers, Corporate Catering, Event Catering, Full Catering Services, Personal Dinner Service, Event Planner, Pig Roasts, Primitive Cooking, Hawaiian Luaus, and Mobile Food Cart Catering!
We are experts in our craft for your Corporate Events, BBQ’s, Private Parties, Wedding Services, Birthday Parties, Family Reunions, Picnics, Sporting Events, Grand Openings, and so much more!